Time will tell!
It’s my first Takeaway Tuesday so I thought I would start with something that is pretty simple. These are little Hershey’s Kiss hourglass takeaways. I would have loved to have had this idea for you before New Year’s but I’ve been mulling it around in my head for awhile and just didn’t have the time to stop and see if it would work. I finally did and yay! It did work.
These can be used for New Year’s favors of course but you can also use them for other things as well. Anything dealing with time or time management. There is an “It’s About Time” women’s ministry theme on the website. I don’t have a devotional specifically written for this one.
I’ll leave some tag suggestions here in this post for you to give you some ideas to go with these takeaways.
It was really hard to get a close up picture because of all the reflection on them.
My son said I should cut off the Hershey’s flags but I kind of liked them left on them.
- Clear Vinyl. I had mine left over from a project. I got mine at Walmart in the fabric section. You find it where they have the tablecloth material on big rolls. Hobby Lobby carries it by the yard on the big bolts and also in one-yard packages. (Use your coupon!). You won’t need very much as it usually comes in a 60 inch width on the bolts. You’ll only be using a piece 3 inches by 1 and 3/4 inches for each hourglass. I think mine is 12 gauge.
- Alternative. If you have transparency sheets for crafting; those would probably work too but I haven’t tried them.
- Transparent Tape. You will see it even though it is transparent but use that as your back.
- Scissors or Cutter for cutting the vinyl. I just used my paper cutter. I might have worn out the blade a little though but it was just easier.
- Low temperature glue gun.
- Scallop punch or a plain circle one will work too. I did a few with a circle punch just to see how they looked. The turquoise one in the photo is done like that with a smaller circle. (1 1/4 inches). My daughter and I decided it looks like a Boggle hourglass.
- Cut out your vinyl pieces to 3 inches (width) by 1 and 3/4 inch (height).
- Roll to form a cylinder. The longer side is the width. Overlap no more than 1/4 inch. If you overlap more than that you will have trouble fitting the Kisses inside. Tape along seam. Set aside.
- Punch out scallop shapes.
- Hot glue the bottom of the Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses to the middle of each scallop shape. Use a small amount so it doesn’t build up. You want the ends flat against the Kisses.
- Lay the scallop/Kiss piece flat on a table.
- Place the cylinder over the top of one of the scallop/Kiss pieces and slide gently into place.
- Flip your cylinder and slide the other end on top of another scallop/Kiss piece. (I found it was easier to flip them and slide the cylinder over them and press gently rather than to try to put the kiss piece on from the top.)
- Make sure your Kiss points are lined up. If not, gently wriggle them into place.
- That’s it. There is no gluing them into place or anything. They fit snuggly.
- It’s About Time! (to go with the It’s About Time Theme)
- Verse: “Redeeming the time…” Ephesians 5:16
- Verse: “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:” Ecclesiastes 3:1
- Verse: “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.” Colossians 4:5
- Verse: “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.” Romans 5:6
- Verse: “So teach us to number our days…” Psalm 90:12
- Verses: “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” James 4:14
- For such a time as this (Timing in the story of Esther. Esther 4:14)
- Spend more time with Jesus
- Jesus is the same all of the time
- Spend time in prayer
- Time with Jesus is time well spent
- Every day with Jesus is sweet
- Make every moment count
- Take time to love others
- Time to Slow Down!
- Time to Organize!
- It’s Time for Friendship!
- Time for Spring! (Use the spring wrapped Hershey’s Kisses.)
- Time to remember our blessings
- Time for a change
- Time is precious
- Hey Valentine – Spend some time with me!
- Hey Valentine – Time to say I love you!
- Hey Valentine- It’s the perfect time to say I love you!
- Time to Succeed! (Graduation)
- It’s your time to shine (Volunteers)
- Thanks for the time you give (Volunteers)
There is a list of theme titles revolving around time towards the top of the It’s About Time theme page on the website.
TIP: Before you make any craft project from online, be sure to try a few out first before buying supplies to make a large amount. You might find you don’t like how they turn out. You might find they are not worth the time and effort. You might find a better way to do it. You might find better supplies to use.
Thanks for stopping in. I hope you enjoyed the first Takeaway Tuesday.
Do you have a suggestion for a tag saying, a Bible lesson topic, or ideas to use this takeaway? Leave a comment.
Have a creative day,