Today is DAY 13 of the 14 Day LOVE Memory Verse Challenge.
Stop over onto the CLM Facebook Page and give your comments on today’s verse.
Hope you’ll join in the Challenge with us. See details here.
Someone asked over on the CLM Facebook Page about ideas for a Fill My Cup Ladies Theme. I thought I would just go ahead a post what I have on it here on the blog just in case someone else may want these ideas down the road. That way they will not get lost down on the FB posts.
I’ve never posted this one to the main website themes basically because it’s an older theme and has been around for years. I think it’s a good one though:)
I have some thoughts for a devotional on this but I never really did anything with it. Maybe some of you would like to develop it a little further for yourself.
- What’s your “handle”? – Each person handles things differently. What pours into our lives is very different. Look at the woman at the well (John 4). Jesus knew all she went through. He knew about all of her many husbands.
- “Saucer” Drippings – Are there things that have spilled over into our lives that we are holding on to? God wants to take care of those things and hold on to our worries and burdens for us.
- Get a “grip” – Are we allowing the Lord to hold our cup? Do we submit to the grip? Do we allow the Lord to have complete control and allow His working in our lives?
- Say “whoa” - Do we say “whoa” when our cup is filled to the right level? We all have intake in our lives. What’s pouring in? What do we need to say no to? We have got to leave room for the good stuff. The things that the Bible says are important.
- Here’s My Cup Devotional
- Fill My Cup, Lord by Julie Fink (I just recently found this one:)
- A Bad Cup of Coffee Devotional
Bible Study Suggestions:
- John 4 (Woman at the Well)
- Filling of the Holy Spirit
- Feeling “Full” – pdf download (‘ful’ Bible verses such as cheerful, faithful, helpful, etc.)
Key Verse Suggestions:
Ephesians 3:19 “And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.”
- John 4:14 “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”
Meeting Openers Discussion Starters:
- Question– Share a time in your life when you felt “full”. (content, filled with blessings, etc.)
- Question– Share a time in your life when you felt “drained”. (empty, spent)
- Vessels for the Master’s Use (filled to overflowing)
- Fill My Cup Lord (Richard Blanchard)
Just for Fun:
- Have a mug/cup exchange
- Shape your invitations in a cup shape. See Chia’s cup template here. See a card I made from her template here.
- Mugs or teacups filled with flowers
- Teacups with sand/floral pebbles and candles
- Mugs/coffee-tea cups
- Homemade drink mixes (hot chocolate, spiced tea)
- Chocolate dipped spoons
- Teabags with pretty covers
- Printable Tea Bag Covers some with Bible verses (CLM)
- Printable Tea Bag Covers (Love Mae Blog)
- Set of mugs/cups
- Tea themed gift basket (teacup, various teas, etc.)
- Coffee themed gift basket (coffee mug, various coffees, etc.)
- Here’s My Cup Devotional
- A Cup of Christmas Women’s Ministry Theme
- Julia’s Pinterest Tea Party Theme Ideas Board
- Women’s Ministry Themes
If you have any suggestions for this theme, please leave a comment.
Have a creative day,