In Women’s Ministry so much is revolved around holding events and programs whether it be a Christmas banquet or Mother-Daughter Tea. All throughout the year there are usually a few events that each church holds for their women’s ministry. Here are some of my favorite places in order to gather up supplies to hold those events and use for ladies ministry.
Note: These are not picks for Bible study resources but rather for other supplies you may need in Women’s Ministry.
- Papermart. This is an online store which carries all types of food containers, string, ribbon, and favor boxes and bags. Papermart’s pricing goes up with different patterns and designs and down for increase in order number. You also have to order more than 15.00 or be charged a $3.00 small order fee or more if your order needs more than one package but you can see your total in your cart before placing your order. Some great products you can get for less there are cupcake liners, Chinese take out boxes, and Baker’s Twine.
- Thrift Stores and Yard Sales. These are great places to find things such as dishes and trays for serving, teacups for teas, frames for Bible verses, vintage linens, and figurines for decorating tables.
- Craft Stores such as Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnns. These stores all have coupons that you can print online before you go to the store. It’s always nice to have a coupon especially when you purchase major items such as a paper cutter or a large vase for a centerpiece. Remember most of these type coupons are good only on regular priced merchandise and not sale or clearance items.
- Dollar Stores. These are fun places to find things that you need to buy in a large quantity. Look in their wedding sections for favor boxes, ribbon, and serving items. Look for themed decorations such as for holidays and seasonal events. Dollar stores are a great place to purchase favors.
- Christian Bookstores. I think that most Christian bookstores are way overpriced but I still enjoy roaming through them and I purchase things in them from time to time anyway because they do carry things you won’t find elsewhere. I normally make my own greeting cards but I will pay a little extra at a Christian bookstore for a card with meaningful words and Scripture on it. Books, cd’s, and dvd’s are great items to purchase there for door-prizes that are a little more inspirational. Also most Christian bookstores have a clearance table (usually hidden back in a corner somewhere). Keep an eye on those. It’s a goldmine for stocking up on door-prizes for your women’s ministry.
- Ross. They don’t have these in all states but if you have one locally and need things such as door-prizes, this is the perfect place to get them. Some items they carry that make good door-prizes are cookbooks, aprons, and candles. Also some of their home decor makes great decorating props for very little cost.
- Oriental Trading. You may think of Oriental Trading as just a source for Vacation Bible School and Sunday School novelty supplies but take a deeper look and you might find some great themed decorating items for your women’s ministry. Look under “Party Themes and Events”on their menu and select “Party Decorations” for some possibilities.
- Clearance. I have found one of the best resources is the clearance items in stores such as Target, Walmart, and any business that has clearance pricing. One thing to watch with this though is to make sure you are getting a good deal. Not all clearance items equal the best price.
- After Holiday and Seasonal Sales including Back to School Time. After Christmas sales are a good place to stock up on holiday items for next year’s Christmas banquet. Also after Christmas grab all the red wrapping paper and bows for Valentine’s Banquet decorating. Back to School sales are great to get supplies as well.
- Creative Ladies Ministry Resources. Of course I had to mention my own resources. I like using them and I hope you do too:) I try to keep these inexpensive for you. There are surveys to be used at events and printable sets geared for some of the women’s ministry themes on the website. Don’t forget there are lots of free resources for you to print on the website as well.
Where is your favorite place to shop for supplies for your womenn’s ministry? Leave a comment and let me know.
Related Resources on the main CLM Website.
Have a creative day full of blessings,