Hello Creative Friends,
Some of you mentioned to me that you’d like some ideas for a Olympic Ladies Meeting Theme. I thought I’d share a few things with you to get you started and you can add your comments to the post with your own ideas. Thought we could brainstorm this one together.
Olympic Cookie Rings from The Decorated Cookie.
First off, here’s what I have:
Alternative Theme Titles:
- More Than Gold
- Go for the Gold
- Pass the Torch
- Run the Race
- Join the Team
Theme Verse Suggestions:
- “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith “ 2 Timothy 4:7
- “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.” 1 Corinthians 9:24
- “Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.” Philippians 2:16
- “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.” Hebrews 12:1
- Make Olympic Rings. Spray paint hula hoops in the Olympic colors and hot glue together.
- Use trophies for the tables. They carry small ones at the dollar store (in the party supply section) which you could add into floral arrangements.
- Gold tissue paper sticking out of glasses/cups to simulate torches.
- Winner medals hung around napkins.
- Flags from different countries in floral arrangements.
Just for Fun:
- Hold your event during the Olympics and set the time in order to watch one of the events together as a ladies group.
Please help me out and add your comments for this theme! Anything from theme titles, decorating, game ideas, favors, food ideas etc.
(Comments do not automatically post. They do need to be approved first, but I would love to hear from you.)
Have a creative day,