The eyes have it!
It’s time for another simple Takeaway Tuesday idea. Since it’s almost October I thought a cute and scary eyeball would be fun. About four years ago I did a little lesson on those three monsters that most of us have trouble with—Pride, Jealousy, and Selfishness. I thought these little Rolo eyeballs would be good reminders to not let the monsters out!
The verse reference I added to mine is Proverbs 8:13, which is in in regard to the Monsters in the Fall women’s ministry theme on the main website. The theme deals with those “monsters” I mentioned (Pride, Jealousy, and Selfishness).
“The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride,
and arrogancy, and the evil way,
and the froward mouth, do I hate.” Proverbs 8:13
You can pick up a free printable Monsters in my Closet lesson handout on the Monsters in the Fall Theme Page.
I saw this Rolo eyeball idea on a lady’s blog who used the regular gold wrapped ones for a Harry Potter party. She had a bunch of them in a glass container. I couldn’t find her blog again to give her credit. Apparently I didn’t save it and couldn’t find it by searching. Anyway, she had a great idea. I love simple things and I love how these look with the fall wrapped Rolos.
- Wrapped Rolo Candy
- Wiggle Eyes ( I actually used two sizes on mine. I couldn’t make up my mind. It depends how much of a rim you want around your eyeball. I used 10mm and 12 mm ones.)
- Small glue dots. (I used the Stampin’ Up! mini ones.)
- Adhere the wiggle eye to the top of the wrapped Rolo with a glue dot. It’s that easy!
- For the Proverbs 8:13 printable tag below, be sure to leave a little white space on the left when cutting them out for a place to attach your Rolo.
- If you add a tag, I found it easier to put the glue dot on the tag first and then add the Rolo candy to the tag.
- Use Hershey’s Kisses. Put the wiggle eye on the bottom.
- Use Mini Reese’s Cups. Put a large size wiggle eye on the bottom.
For those of you that are always looking for something to send home with your younger girls, this might be a fun one. You could use this idea and add any “eye” verse such as Psalm 25:15. “Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD…”. Maybe in the spring—the spring wrapped Rolos would be fun to use for that.
You can pick up the Proverbs 8:13 reference tag below:
Be sure to see the Monsters in the Fall women’s ministry theme on the website.
Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
Have a creative day,