Sharing a Ladies Meeting idea for you today using “Ment” words (words ending in “ment”). There is a printable with all of the “ment” words listed along with Bible references to go along with each. Also there is a printable for you with all the words listed and spaced out so that you can cut out strips and add a “mint” candy to each so be sure to download both links.
Original Artwork on the first download is by Trina Clark. Purchased at Digi Scrap Kits.
- Print out the “ment” words (download with words spaced on pages)
- Choose the ”ment” words you’d like to concentrate on for your meeting. Depending on the length of your meeting, use a number that you will be able to discuss and fit time-wise. No more than 10 or 12 is probably a good number. Note that a few of the words have longer Bible passages for reference so keep that in mind.
- Cut out the words you want to use in strips and add a peppermint disc to each. (Use rolled tape, double sided tape, or even a medium size glue dot.)
- Place “ment” words in a basket to have several of your ladies choose one each or just hand them out randomly.
- Call on the ladies with the words to look up the Scripture and have them read it aloud.
- Discuss the Bible verse(s). Ask questions such as What does this verse mean? Why is this important? Do any of you have this verse committed to memory? How is this verse relevant to us today? Each verse may spur on other questions.
- Print out the download with the listed words (Learning from “Ment” Words) and use as a hand-out/take-home sheet.
Tips and Ideas:
- Print out all of the words, attach peppermint discs and use as a meeting favor.
- Print out enough words for your ladies group, add the peppermint discs to hand out. Challenge your ladies to memorize the verses they receive before your next meeting.
- Choose several of the “ment” words and develop a devotional/lesson.
- Teach a kids Sunday School class? Print out several of the words in strips, attach peppermint discs, and have a ”Mint Word of the Week” each Sunday. Allow one student each week to choose a ”ment” word strip to read aloud to the class. Take a few minutes to simplify the meaning of the verse and discuss it with them.
- Note: A few of the “ment” words have longer Bible passages for reference.
- Make a bulletin board for your Sunday School Class or Meeting Room with several of the “ment” words (along with Bible Reference) with the heading “Meant to Know” or “Meant to Learn”.
- Candy Cane Women’s Event Theme
- Sweet Christmas Devotional
- Candy Cane Tag Printable
- Candy Ideas for Ministry
Note: I’ll have a “Ment” Devotional on the website for you tomorrow (9/13).
Have a creative day,