Get your sweet on!
I’ve been roaming through my files for things I have saved and searching out some fun things for Friday Finds. Today I thought I’d share some cute little Valentine’s Day tags that you can put with a sweet treat. Wow! Valentine’s is sneaking up on us fast.
I’m thinking these tags would be nice for a little something for your girlfriends or secret sister perhaps. They are free to print out.
These come from a blog called, Crazy Little Projects. Don’t you just love the name of that blog? The owner, Amber, has got a little bit of baking, sewing, and all kinds of crafty tucked away over there.
Thank you to Amber of Crazy Little Projects for the use of her photo.
Here is the direct link to find these cute little free printable tags to perk up your Valentine’s Day sweets. Be sure to leave a “thank you” in her blog comments.
Cute Valentine’s Gift Tags and Packaging Ideas (Crazy Little Projects)
Thanks for stopping in.
Don’t forget–Today is Day 3 of the “Love Talk” Bible Memory Challenge. Hope you will join in.
Have a creative day,
We are talking love!
I’ve held three memory verse challenges connected with my main website (Creative Ladies Ministry). Starting another one today!. I can’t believe this will make the fourth year I’ve done this. I usually start on the first of February and we finish on Valentine’s Day. I didn’t get started yesterday as I’ve just been really busy and didn’t get it up and going, so we are starting a day late. Sorry about that!
For the first verse (which should have been for yesterday), I gave you an easy one and one that so many of you ladies already know….Proverbs 31:26
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
I’ve been kind of picking a theme for these challenges and this year I thought we could all do with a little “Love Talk”. Amid so many people verbalizing so much hate in the world right now, we ought to work on our speech. Don’t ya think! Most of these Bible verses revolve around our tongue in relation to how we speak to others.
The hardest part for me on making up these challenges is narrowing it down to 14 verses! The Bible has so much to say about our speech so this years was particularly hard to narrow down.
Pick up the list of challenge verses to pop onto your refrigerator or bulletin board. I normally write out the verses on these but this time I just listed the reference. You will need to look the verses up in your Bible each day. I hope you will join me and commit them to memory.
Be sure to grab the pdf file and not the image itself.
Find previous year’s challenges in PDF files below:
Hope you will join with me for this year’s challenge. Leave a note here in the comments or comment over on the Creative Ladies Ministry Facebook Page. I’d love to know how many are joining in this year. It’s always a blessing for me to hear from those participating.
Have a creative day,
Valentine’s Day is this coming Sunday so I thought it was fitting that we have a valentine takeaway today. These are little ladybugs made out of cardstock, heart wrapped candy, and small pom poms. I love things that don’t call for too many supplies, don’t you?
There is an It’s a Ladybug Life (godly lady) women’s ministry theme on the website. If you are planning on doing that one this spring and want to make these, be sure to purchase your heart shaped candy while they are available for Valentine’s Day in the stores. The Dove ones you can find almost anywhere but I did get the Palmer brand ones from the Dollar Tree.
The Ladybug! Ladybug! devotional I wrote for that theme is here.
I thought these would be cute to do if you are having any ladies functions where the younger girls are invited.
- Cardstock (Red, pink, black)
- Pom Poms. 7 mm (about 1/4 inch in diameter).
- Chocolate Wrapped Heart Shaped Candy
- Heart Shaped Paper Punch. I used the Stampin’ Up! one. The hearts are approximately 4 1/2 across and just less than 4 inches high.
- 1 and 3/4 Inch Circle Paper Punch.
- 1 and 1/4 Inch Circle Paper Punch.
- Adhesive. I used a tape runner.
- Mini glue dots (for pom poms)
- Paper Cutter
- Bone Folder
Directions for each ladybug:
- Punch out four hearts (approximately 4 inches in size) out of red or pink cardstock.
- Punch out one 1 and 3/4 inch circle out of black cardstock.
- Punch out one 1 and 1/4 inch circle out of black cardstock.
- Cut 1/4 inch off of one edge of the black 1 and 3/4 inch black circle.
- Take the smaller black circle and adhere it with adhesive about halfway under edge of the larger circle along the straight line (where you cut it). This forms the base of the body.
- Take the bone folder and score down the center of all four hearts and press out score line and fold.
- Take two hearts. Attach them with adhesive overlapping slightly, keeping the points together. (See the Step by Step photos below.)
- Do the same to the other two hearts. This forms the base pieces for the wings.
- Adhere the heart wing bases onto the body base with adhesive. Two of the edges of the wing bases should be lined up in the middle and against each other.
- Add a little adhesive to the inside of the wing bases and adhere heart shaped wrapped candy. Place the candy as far up into the point as possible. (The Dove candy hearts are rounder so they won’t fill in the point.)
- Adhere two pom poms with mini glue dots onto the smaller circle close up to the where the wings start forming.
I have a stamp that I’m using for my tags (Stampendous – Inspired Icons). I’m taking some of these to our ladies monthly fellowship to give out to the ladies.
Tag Ideas for this project:
- Thank God for godly ladies
- Act like a lady, walk like a lady, and talk like a lady.
- Nothing bugs a lady!
- God so loved the world
- Bible Verse: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- Bible Verse: “And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:16
- God is love
- God’s love lifts me up
- God’s love gives me wings
- Don’t let your worries bug you—give them to Jesus!
- Valentine’s Day: You are as cute as a bug!
- Valentine’s Day: Nothing bugs me when I’m with you!
- Valentine’s Day: I’m buggy for you!
Thanks for stopping in. If you have a suggestion for tag sayings to use for this project, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
Just a reminder, the “Loving God’s Word” Memory Challenge is still going on. You can jump in anytime. See details here.
Have a creative day,
Loving a Challenge!
I’ll be doing another 14 Day “Love” Memory Verse Challenge over on the CLM Facebook Page again this year. It starts today! Each day for the next two weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day, I’ll be posting a Bible verse on the CLM Facebook Page for you to memorize.
This year the verses will be on Loving God’s Word.
Pick up the list of verses for this year in a download below. Stick it on your refrigerator and memorize along with me!
The verses on the printable are in the King James Version of the Bible.
Download 2016 Memory Verse Challenge. (PDF)
Be sure to grab the pdf file and not the image.
- Day 1: Psalm 119:140
- Day 2: Psalm 119:101
- Day 3: 2 Timothy 2:15
- Day 4: Psalm 119:97
- Day 5: 1 John 2:5
- Day 6: Matthew 4:4
- Day 7: Psalm 119:127
- Day 8: Jeremiah 15:16
- Day 9: Psalm 1:2
- Day 10: Romans 10:17
- Day 11: Psalm 119:48
- Day 12: Psalm 119:159
- Day 13: Luke 11:28
- Day 14: Psalm 119:131
You can find the past Memory Verse Challenges in the links below:
I don’t put the year date on the printables so that you can use them any time.
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you will join in this year’s memory challenge with me!
Have a creative day,