Hello Creative Friends, Just leaving you with a few last minute winter favor ideas. I like all of these things because they are useful. Not just something that will get tossed.
1. Lip Balms. There are so many cute ways to doll these up. I’ll have a Lip Balm Clutch post for you next week but here are some ideas already on the blog.
- Lip Balm Boxes
- Butterfly Lip Balm Holders (Just a photo but easy. These are done with die-cuts but a pattern will work just as well.)
- Purse Lip Balm Holders
2. Tissue Packs. Everybody can always use tissues, especially in the winter. Doll them up by making wraps with pretty patterned scrapbook paper or make holders for them. I like the Swankie brand tissues. They are already pretty. Personally I don’t like the Dollar Store ones because they are so small so I pay a little more for the brand ones like Kleenex just because they are bigger than the Dollar Store ones but if you are on a budget, dress up the Dollar Store ones.
3. Cozy Socks. They make such cute socks these days! Maybe hold a “Sock Exchange” in the winter.
4. Tea. There are a variety of ways to dress up a tea bag. Just Pinterest or Google for ideas. Homemade spice teas are great to share.
5. Coffee. Use mini or individual coffee packs or even K-Cups. There’s one K-cup holder idea on the blog.
6. Hot Cocoa Packets. There’s nothing like a cup of hot cocoa to warm you up. Use individual packets or make up a homemade recipe and put them in baggies or cute containers.
7. Hand Warmers. Use pretty patterned fabric to make cute ones that you fill with rice. I’ll have instructions for this project on the blog sometime next week. You can also purchase hand warmers and doll them up with patterned paper wraps to make them a little more lady friendly.
Hope that helps some of you women’s leaders that are looking for last minute ideas for your meetings.
Have a creative day!
A thought away!
Hello Creative Friends,
Today I’m sharing one of my recent cards I made. Made this one for my husband’s aunt. I love doing them for her because hers always get hand delivered so I can add a few extra things on them that I can’t do in the mail.
The sentiment stamp on this one is from Whimsical Words, a Stampin’ Up! stamp set which I’ve had for awhile.
The papers I used on this was some Kraft paper and the patterned ones are from a couple small paper pads I have. One is Simple Stories Vintage Bliss and the other Simple Stories Sn@p!.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card.
Love! Love! Love!
I’ll be holding another “Love” Memory Verse Challenge in February. This year our memory verses will be concentrating on loving others. Starting February 1 through the 14th, I’ll be posting a verse each day on the Creative Ladies Ministry Facebook Page. I hope many of you will join along with me and memorize these verses together.
You can pick up the printable below for the Challenge so you can put it on your refrigerator and begin memorizing early.
Download Loving Others Memory Verse Challenge
The verses are in the KJV.
Be sure to grab the pdf file and not the image above. The pdf file will print out in a full sheet for you.
Below is the list of verses.
2015 “Loving Others” Memory Challenge Verses:
- Day 1: Philippians 2:3
- Day 2: Hebrews 10:24
- Day 3: Romans 12:15
- Day 4: Matthew 22:39
- Day 5: Galatians 5:26
- Day 6: Romans 13:10
- Day 7 1 Peter 3:8
- Day 8: 1 Peter 3:9
- Day 9: Romans 15:1
- Day 10: 1 Thessalonians 4:9
- Day 11 Ephesians 4:2
- Day 12 Ephesians 4:3
- Day 13 Luke 6:35
- Day 14 Romans 12:10
Did you miss last year’s “Love” Memory Verse Challenge? You can still pick up the printable of those verses on this blog post.
Have a creative day,